Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creality LD-002R Resin Printer
Well Resin is En-route... I ended up getting some General Purpose and some Bio Based as they were the only two in stock. @Minx is wanting to make some earrings with it Big Grin
(04-14-2020, 11:18 PM)daveefordays Wrote: Well Resin is En-route... I ended up getting some General Purpose and some Bio Based as they were the only two in stock. @Minx is wanting to make some earrings with it Big Grin

Yes! I'm so excited!
(04-18-2020, 05:07 AM)Minx Wrote: Yes! I'm so excited!
 It's a pity that Australia Post is sooo slow due to you know what...
(04-19-2020, 08:31 AM)daveefordays Wrote:  It's a pity that Australia Post is sooo slow due to you know what...

Yes that is true, it is a shame. But good things come to people who wait  Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Minx's post:
  • scopio90
(04-20-2020, 12:39 AM)Minx Wrote: Yes that is true, it is a shame. But good things come to people who wait  Smile

I thought the resin would show up today, but it appears that it will come tomorrow according to the tracking....

Normally shipping from this company is 2 days. So far we have been waiting for 7...
Okay, so I have a big update. The resin came in finally (after 2 weeks of shipping, the place I ordered from is only a 3hr drive away, thanks COVID) and I finally got to test this thing out.

Here's the resin I got alongside some silk filament as it was all they had in stock:
[Image: T4g1PgTl.jpg]

I did the bed levelling procedure, basically loosen the 4 screws, go to home position, tighten the 4 screws and then go back up and you're good to go. It said to do it without the vat in place so I did that although I thought it should be levelled to the vat not the screen....

Screws loosened
[Image: UnWESlrl.jpg]

Going down
[Image: 5FHlGKRl.jpg]

and at home position
[Image: sS1TMjJl.jpg]

I gave the release film on the bottom of the vat a quick wipe off and I put that back in place (after raising the bed).

This is the resin I am using up first
[Image: EVZ9fWol.jpg]

I poured it in up to the first indicator line on the back, not sure how many ml each is but it seemed like 50 or 100 ml which is a fair bit. I'm sure I could get away with less but at this point I'm not sure how much extra resin you're meant to leave in there so I thought more is better.

[Image: RwYHzxOl.jpg]
[Image: lJYbKS3l.jpg]

I hit start on the print, not really anything interesting to see on the screen so i forgot to get a pic, but it does show a preview of your model which is cool.
Bed coming down 
[Image: IT0o2VNl.jpg]
[Image: lwFHWL6l.jpg]
[Image: wsF9qLUl.jpg]

Quite satisfying to watch actually. Then I just put the orange lid on and let it go, I will note that I used a mask, safety glasses and gloves as soon as I opened the bottle of resin as it is not good for you.

So here are the finished products, I'll show one on the bed so you can see how it comes right off the printer:
[Image: 353TtBFl.jpg]

For now I have some IPA in a spray bottle, so post processing was:
Remove print from bed -> lightly pad off excess resin with paper towel -> spray down print with IPA to "wash it off".

Here are the finished products, I need to leave them in the sun for a few days to fully harden but i'm pretty happy with the results!
First up is the infamous bird cage earrings for my wife:
[Image: 44UbAkpl.jpg]
[Image: rgidhRBl.jpg]
The model for these can be downloaded here https://pinshape.com/items/23778-3d-printed-bird-cages

And then an eiffel tower that I scaled right down to I think 40% as a bit of a torture test with fine details:
[Image: PzwXWAtl.jpg]
The model for this can be downloaded here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1219824

For the slicer I used Chitubox, happy to share more details on the settings once I get it all dialled in. Overall I am very impressed with the results and I'm starting to think it's definitely worth the effort for high fidelity prints. Let me know what you think!
awesome prints man!
(04-24-2020, 04:31 AM)scopio90 Wrote: awesome prints man!

Cheers matey!!!
Wow. Those are some amazing results for an SLA printer that only costs 280 USD. How on earth are they making something that good for such a low price? Surely they must be losing money on these units?

Now I need to go look for a bigger house to move into so I have some space and a ventilated area to put one of these things [Image: whistling.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes SnowLeopardFPV's post:
  • Minx
(04-24-2020, 09:22 AM)SnowLeopardFPV Wrote: Wow. Those are some amazing results for an SLA printer that only costs 280 USD. How on earth are they making something that good for such a low price? Surely they must be losing money on these units?

Now I need to go look for a bigger house to move into so I have some space and a ventilated area to put one of these things [Image: whistling.gif]

Yeah it's awesome how nice it comes out, there is no sign of layer lines at all.. I'm really happy.

Sounds like a good plan mate Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Resin curing process ChrisH 3 2,053 02-24-2021, 09:53 PM
Last Post: daveefordays
  Flexible Resin voodoo614 5 2,364 04-24-2020, 11:25 PM
Last Post: daveefordays