Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creality LD-002R Resin Printer
Purchase the Creality LD-002R printer from Banggood HERE and use code BG7d2203 for $5 off!

Hey guys, so I've had this printer in the mail for about 2 weeks, seems like it's stuck somewhere in COVID lockdown unfortunately, I'm hoping to get it this week.

I would be interested to open a discussion here about resin printing and what different types of resins there are, I've been looking at the ESun offerings for resin as I can source them locally and there are about 4 different types:

• eSun Hard-Tough LCD 3D Print Resin 500g (55AUD)
  • eSun Bio-Based LCD 3D Print Resin 500g (42AUD)
  • eSun General Purpose LCD 3D Print Resin 500g (40AUD)
  • eSun Water Washable LCD 3D Print Resin 500g (50AUD)
It seems there is not a lot of info available about different resins compared to different filaments where there is heaps. Would anyone be interested in helping me decipher which of these resins is better for what and how that translates to cost effectiveness? Water washable and bio based sound like more non-toxic options but I'm not that sure.

Cheers,
Dave
I wonder how much Tougher Tough resin is, since Resin prints are fragile as can be, I wonder how much of that can actually be impacted by the resin you use.
(04-06-2020, 10:39 PM)AvCDVz75LRFwd Wrote: I wonder how much Tougher Tough resin is, since Resin prints are fragile as can be, I wonder how much of that can actually be impacted by the resin you use.

I do wonder this too, does tougher mean it is stronger, but then stronger resin may be more brittle? Being brittle seems to be the main issue of resin... Who knows.

I think i'll need an ESun sponsorship soon to figure out all of these things lol.
Well Lucky me! The printer came!!.
This is a really nice looking machine Big Grin
[Image: 7X7ZCTSl.jpg]

Unfortunately I'm behind on getting resin, hopefully I will have some by the end of next week Big Grin
I'll still show you guys what's in the box, I think my proper review layout will need to wait until next week.

Unboxing: 
The box arrived in good condition, was slightly bigger than I expected
[Image: SY0s5VEl.jpg]

There is a piece of cardboard inside on top, to protect the accessories beneath
[Image: dYRmmWXl.jpg]

Nice little accessories area
[Image: pfyHfG0l.jpg]

Here's the top of the printer in the box
[Image: je3ixOXl.jpg]

All bubble wrapped
[Image: 9k8giwPl.jpg]

And with the bubble wrap removed
[Image: 0MdH5rul.jpg]

Inside of the orange lid the foam is covering what I will call the gantry and housing this Bed piece which was shipped not attached to the printer, it is quite heavy:
[Image: PyETRCMl.jpg]
[Image: yosbalJl.jpg]

And here's the final result of what was in the packaging.
[Image: 4Qb6StFl.jpg]

The printer without the bed or the orange lid:
[Image: g3Ady0Rl.jpg]
[Image: UYDy6cyl.jpg]

The instruction manual seems somewhat detailed, I'll show some select images below. Probably no need to show all the individual steps:
[Image: xlJdVKgl.jpg]
[Image: 0bEttoll.jpg]
[Image: pslxXBil.jpg]
[Image: h7FlaG6l.jpg]
[Image: X9mpplYl.jpg]

Now this last page interests me, it mentions a release film, and there was this package of release film included in the box as well:
[Image: h7Nf5Lul.jpg]

I have much to learn with resin printing as i am basically a novice, I didn't realise there was a release film but it makes sense that the resin will harden directly on the screen and needs a way of coming off of it.

Does anyone have any tips for me for when I get my resin and start using this machine?
[-] The following 1 user Likes daveefordays's post:
  • bat
nice, does resin printer have finer details it can print?
(04-07-2020, 04:02 AM)scopio90 Wrote: nice, does resin printer have finer details it can print?
Yeah, the resin printer can print at a much lower layer height with much better detail.
By lower layer height, do you mean in ranges 0.5mm - 1.0mm thickness prints?

Sweet. I can think of a couple off gear applications already that require fine detail.
(04-07-2020, 04:18 AM)scopio90 Wrote: By lower layer height, do you mean in ranges 0.5mm - 1.0mm thickness prints?

Sweet. I can think of a couple off gear applications already that require fine detail.

Std layer height for a resin print is around the 0.04mm mark compared to the 0.2mm of a conventional FDM print. Keep in mind a thickness of 0.04mm is not gonna be strong lol.
Sure, i'm thinking about details, for example this print:
[Image: WaIvrU9l.jpg]

is 60 x 30 x 15 mm, some of the masts are <1mm thickness. Do you think the resin printer would be able to capture this level of detail?
(04-08-2020, 11:49 PM)scopio90 Wrote: Sure, i'm thinking about details, for example this print:
[Image: WaIvrU9l.jpg]

is 60 x 30 x 15 mm, some of the masts are <1mm thickness. Do you think the resin printer would be able to capture this level of detail?

Yes easily, but that is a pretty large and remember a 500ml bottle of resin is $50.... Also those masts are pretty thin and would break with resin as it is supposedly quite brittle.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flexible Resin voodoo614 5 443 04-24-2020, 11:25 PM
Last Post: daveefordays