Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discussion How to do flat multicolour 3D prints with a normal printer
Video 
Hey guys,

Came across this today, this guy is really thinking outside of the box and I can think of many things this could be used to print, coasters being one off the top of my head...

Obviously nothing beats the ease of a multi extruder machine or a multi filament nozzle, but this is definitely practical for the average user with a printer!

What would you use this to print?
[-] The following 1 user Likes daveefordays's post:
  • SnowLeopardFPV
I really like that and it's quite an ingenious way of doing it which I would never have though of. If I get some time I might give it a try.

Thanks for sharing [Image: thumbs-up.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes SnowLeopardFPV's post:
  • daveefordays
Very cool. A lot of work.
[-] The following 1 user Likes voodoo614's post:
  • daveefordays
This is creative but it seems like it'd take a lot of effort to perfect, especially if you don't have a standardized nozzle.
You'd need both a perfectly leveled bed and a perfectly configured nozzle layout in order for this to work properly.
It's a creative idea for those who want flat multicolored prints, but I think changing filament at a specified layer is far easier.

Though I've already seen this method used on Reddit, so it might be easier than I expect, than again I only saw the finished result and not the potential headache of setting up.
(04-27-2020, 12:35 AM)AvCDVz75LRFwd Wrote: This is creative but it seems like it'd take a lot of effort to perfect, especially if you don't have a standardized nozzle.
You'd need both a perfectly leveled bed and a perfectly configured nozzle layout in order for this to work properly.
It's a creative idea for those who want flat multicolored prints, but I think changing filament at a specified layer is far easier.

Though I've already seen this method used on Reddit, so it might be easier than I expect, than again I only saw the finished result and not the potential headache of setting up.

Yeah, it is a good reminder to think outside of the box though. There are a lot of things that we can do with 3d printing that are outside of the normal print and people forget to be innovative with something as awesome as printing.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Prusa i2 Mendel Printer SnowLeopardFPV 1 792 04-06-2021, 10:20 PM
Last Post: daveefordays
  Creality CR6-SE 3D Printer Live Stream daveefordays 0 347 12-31-2020, 02:00 AM
  Printer Artillery Hornet 3D Printer Live Stream daveefordays 0 342 12-30-2020, 03:05 AM
  New Creality Printer Review scopio90 1 558 12-07-2020, 02:59 AM