Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discussion online drawing?
(03-03-2021, 04:31 PM)bat Wrote: https://www.tinkercad.com/learn/designs

someone tried this?

Yes I know @SnowLeopardFPV and @scopio both use this a lot.

It is great for quick small stuff, but has some limitations like the number of polygons on a .stl export so if you want to do large round surfaces you will get some blockiness.
[-] The following 1 user Likes daveefordays's post:
  • bat
Yes I have used it a fair bit and its great for freeware online simple jobs. Its very easy to learn.
Anything more complex id suggest Fusion 360.
[-] The following 1 user Likes scopio90's post:
  • bat
(03-03-2021, 10:05 PM)scopio90 Wrote: Anything more complex id suggest Fusion 360.
Or solidworks https://into3dp.com/Thread-Use-Solidwork...777#pid777
  • bat
had some problems by download fusion360 Undecided gave up for the moment
the pc i like to use isnt well suited for graphic performance anyway

i like to draw a canopy as a try, is it possible to place a "cam-template" "cam shape" and design around?
i saw this on some thingiverse pictures, but i couldnt find an sdl file for a micro cam.
(03-04-2021, 01:16 PM)bat Wrote: had some problems by download fusion360 Undecided gave up for the moment
the pc i like to use isnt well suited for graphic performance anyway

i like to draw a canopy as a try, is it possible to place a "cam-template" "cam shape" and design around?
i saw this on some thingiverse pictures, but i couldnt find an sdl file for a micro cam.

If I was doing this I would just measure the came and make a basic shape. All you need is a rectangular prism and a cylinder and maybe a couple of holes and you'll be set, doesn't need to be detailled.

If you measure the cam you're working with I (or another member on here) will draw it in TK for you so you can import it Smile
  • bat