Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discussion printed props
Question 
not shur if highend describes a printed prop well?...
i would like the possibility to try diffrent prop shapes and surfaces, more than there are available on the market.

i beleive its a big issue with balance but i dont own any knowledge.

is it possibel to get any usable result? and what fialament would be the best choice?
[-] The following 1 user Likes bat's post:
  • daveefordays
(04-30-2020, 11:55 PM)bat Wrote: not shur if highend describes a printed prop well?...
i would like the possibility to try diffrent prop shapes and surfaces, more than there are available on the market.

i beleive its a big issue with balance but i dont own any knowledge.

is it possibel to get any usable result? and what fialament would be the best choice?

I think PETG would be the best place to start, but it will never be as strong as a purchased prop.

Interested to see how you go...
RClifeon did a video but I think he used PLA.

[-] The following 1 user Likes daveefordays's post:
  • bat
I think it might be possible with a resin printer using that tough/flex resin blend. I broke a piece and there is no sign of lamination.
[-] The following 2 users Like voodoo614's post:
  • bat, daveefordays
thanks your for the replay
whats about a nylon filament?
saw flipstick out of printed nylon, described as very rigid but expensive filament, it seems to be near to polycarbonate just from the feeling. probably less vibrations?
(05-03-2020, 10:20 PM)bat Wrote: thanks your for the replay
whats about a nylon filament?
saw flipstick out of printed nylon, described as very rigid but expensive filament, it seems to be near to polycarbonate just from the feeling. probably less vibrations?
 Nylon would be ok but it is very hard to print well, I have some but its too much hassle.
[-] The following 1 user Likes daveefordays's post:
  • bat