Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone have ideas on advertising the forum?
This forum has about 50 members now that are real actual people, which is wonderful and a great milestone for me.

But really, we need to advertise so we have new people everywhere asking questions. I have tried a few avenues, like mentioning it in my youtube videos, and I quite often share links to posts here in facebook groups when people help and while that gives us traffic here we don't actually get those people signing up and asking more questions.

The drive from those of you on intoFPV who give us a shoutout quite often is wonderful, and I thank you guys so much for that, we wouldn't be here without it.

I'm hoping soon I'll be able to partner with a company to give away a 3D printer to one of you guys, maybe for 1K subs on my youtube (actually not far away if I get off my butt and make more videos). I'd love to give away a printer that I have but shipping would be well over $100USD from australia for anyone overseas, at which point I may aswell just order you a new one from china for $200USD total LOL, and I dont wanna do an Australia only giveaway cause its unfair.

So my question to all of you is - how can we drive a bunch of newbs here with questions? I've been banned from some FB groups for advertising now, but I might actually ask if I can pay them to advertise our forum?

Maybe I should make an into3dp subreddit? Or purchase reddit advertising?

Any idea is a good one at this point Big Grin
(05-05-2021, 09:39 PM)daveefordays Wrote: This forum has about 50 members now that are real actual people, which is wonderful and a great milestone for me.

But really, we need to advertise so we have new people everywhere asking questions. I have tried a few avenues, like mentioning it in my youtube videos, and I quite often share links to posts here in facebook groups when people help and while that gives us traffic here we don't actually get those people signing up and asking more questions.

The drive from those of you on intoFPV who give us a shoutout quite often is wonderful, and I thank you guys so much for that, we wouldn't be here without it.

I'm hoping soon I'll be able to partner with a company to give away a 3D printer to one of you guys, maybe for 1K subs on my youtube (actually not far away if I get off my butt and make more videos). I'd love to give away a printer that I have but shipping would be well over $100USD from australia for anyone overseas, at which point I may aswell just order you a new one from china for $200USD total LOL, and I dont wanna do an Australia only giveaway cause its unfair.

So my question to all of you is - how can we drive a bunch of newbs here with questions? I've been banned from some FB groups for advertising now, but I might actually ask if I can pay them to advertise our forum?

Maybe I should make an into3dp subreddit? Or purchase reddit advertising?

Any idea is a good one at this point Big Grin

I'm actually surprised you don't already have a into3DP subreddit, that sounds like a great idea. Maybe even do a crosspost of one of your build logs on image sharing website imgur.com
(05-07-2021, 01:29 AM)scopio90 Wrote: I'm actually surprised you don't already have a into3DP subreddit, that sounds like a great idea. Maybe even do a crosspost of one of your build logs on image sharing website imgur.com
hmmm okay, I will start one over the weekend then.

Do you have any fresh ideas for getting more people?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forum Colour Scheme daveefordays 19 2,058 08-16-2020, 12:29 PM
Last Post: iFly4rotors