Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Cura Profile
In Cura, when you make a custom quality profile, it always add bed temperature and extrusion temperature. Where as the default profile, the bed and extrusion temperatures are left out. I can't find how to delete this from the profile. Because I use the Z offset, I made a custom profile. But everytime I change material settings, it switches back to the "standard quality". When I click the profile to my custom with offset, it also changes the bed temperature and extrusion temperature to what is in the custom profile. This is annoying because I have to then change the bed temperature and extrusion temperature back again. I want to prevent making a custom material profile and print quality profile for each material I use.
(06-08-2020, 03:28 AM)voodoo614 Wrote: In Cura, when you make a custom quality profile, it always add bed temperature and extrusion temperature. Where as the default profile, the bed and extrusion temperatures are left out. I can't find how to delete this from the profile. Because I use the Z offset, I made a custom profile. But everytime I change material settings, it switches back to the "standard quality". When I click the profile to my custom with offset, it also changes the bed temperature and extrusion temperature to what is in the custom profile. This is annoying because I have to then change the bed temperature and extrusion temperature back again. I want to prevent making a custom material profile and print quality profile for each material I use.

I've said this before, and i'll say it again....

If Cura had a good way of managing profiles, it would be near perfect.

Cura profiles bug me to this day, I've even made seperate machine profiles for different filaments as they can stay seperate (honestly not the worst idea).

I havent updated yet, but I have heard in versions 3.6 onwards there are some improvements and bug fixes.. I think theoretically the profile system they have is quite good, it just doesn't work as intended always and does a different thing each time. 

Good luck sorting it out, if you find a solution please enlighten me lol.
I actually found a solution. You can edit the profile *.cfg file. Goto help, then show configuration, find the cfg files under quality_change folder. Use a text editor to remove the settings you don't want.

I actually found a even quicker solution. Have standard quality profile activate. Goto manage profile and duplicate the standard profile. It will not add nozzle temp or bed temp. Then can make your changes and update your new profile without causing an override of the nozzle and bed Temps.
(06-09-2020, 06:00 AM)voodoo614 Wrote: I actually found a solution. You can edit the profile *.cfg file. Goto help, then show configuration, find the cfg files under quality_change folder. Use a text editor to remove the settings you don't want.

I actually found a even quicker solution. Have standard quality profile activate. Goto manage profile and duplicate the standard profile. It will not add nozzle temp or bed temp. Then can make your changes and update your new profile without causing an override of the nozzle and bed Temps.

oooh, thanks for the tip!

At this point I just remember the settings, but I now have an issue caused by a cura setting and I don't know what's caused it... At this point I think i'll delete everything I have in Cura and start again with the latest version. I tried to update but it crashes and wont take in my machine profiles Sad

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Comparison] Simplify3D vs Cura vs PrusaSlicer SnowLeopardFPV 1 206 05-19-2020, 12:21 AM
Last Post: daveefordays