Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi everyone
I reckon I am a sucker for punishment taking on another bit of complex technology Smile

Thanks Snow for the heads up on Dave's forum and to Dave for putting together this site. Hopefully in a few months I will be able to start answering a few questions as I am sure I will be finding out every single problem you can come across in 3D Printing.

As mentioned in my IntoFPV post I have just bought the Ender 3 Pro and have a 1kg roll of TPU and PLA to get me started as I have stuff I want to make which is holding up my latest build and getting a runcam nano into my Tinyhawk freestyle

The fun and headaches are beginning Smile

Today I put my printer together and will hopefully after adjusting everything be able to at least get a test print out tomorrow.
(09-08-2020, 09:50 AM)UrbanJungle1966 Wrote: I reckon I am a sucker for punishment taking on another bit of complex technology Smile

Thanks Snow for the heads up on Dave's forum and to Dave for putting together this site. Hopefully in a few months I will be able to start answering a few questions as I am sure I will be finding out every single problem you can come across in 3D Printing.

As mentioned in my IntoFPV post I have just bought the Ender 3 Pro and have a 1kg roll of TPU and PLA to get me started as I have stuff I want to make which is holding up my latest build and getting a runcam nano into my Tinyhawk freestyle

The fun and headaches are beginning Smile

Today I put my printer together and will hopefully after adjusting everything be able to at least get a test print out tomorrow.

Thanks for showing up and welcome!

There are definitely a few struggles with printing, a few tips though.

1. Start with PLA
2. Try changing one thing at a time (atleast for a small test)
3. Do the a print included on the SD with the included PLA before doing anything on your computer (to make sure you have no physical issues)
4. Set up your slicer of choice and use it with the included PLA (see only one change at a time)
5. Once you get PLA down pat, then give TPU a go
6. don't be too quick to print mods, each only gives a small improvement and can bring their only challenges, get the printer running nicely and do one mod at a time. (fan duct is a great one to start with)
7. Expect a few challenges here and there and many hours of head scratching... these things are like quads in that regard.

One overlooked thing is wipe your bed with IPA before printing the first time as you want to remove any oils, and I recommend always printing with atleast a light coat of hairspray on your print area. The hairspray can help adhesion but it's mostly for print removal with the glass bed, I see atleast one picture a day on facebook of someones new glass bed with a chunk missing because a print stuck TOO GOOD! lol.

Don't forget to have fun, I still remember the first time I used the XYZ Davinci V1.0 over 8 years ago I sat infront of it and watched the entire 2 hour print.....
Welcome  Smile  Hey, don't I know you  Wink
Welcome Cool
welcome to the forum, and don't forget to have fun!