Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Isopropyl Alcohol Prices
Exclamation 
Wow. Has anyone seen the current prices for a litre of 99.9% Isopropyl Alcohol? Last year I purchased a 1L bottle for a little over 5 GBP delivered (~6 USD). Current prices for the same volume now seem to be in the region of 20+ GBP (~25+ USD), with some people trying to charge upwards of 45 GBP (~55 USD) for a litre.

Not surprising with the current COVID-19 situation, but the sky rocketing prices of neat alcohol isn't something that even crossed my mind. I guess all the handwash got sold out in the shops so people started buying neat alcohol instead, thus pushing the prices up 4-fold. Luckily I don't need any more at present, but for those who still have some, use it sparingly because it now seems to be a highly valuable commodity. Like a second currency.
(04-08-2020, 09:01 PM)SnowLeopardFPV Wrote: Wow. Has anyone seen the current prices for a litre of 99.9% Isopropyl Alcohol? Last year I purchased a 1L bottle for a little over 5 GBP delivered (~6 USD). Current prices for the same volume now seem to be in the region of 20+ GBP (~25+ USD), with some people trying to charge upwards of 45 GBP (~55 USD) for a litre.

Not surprising with the current COVID-19 situation, but the sky rocketing prices of neat alcohol isn't something that even crossed my mind. I guess all the handwash got sold out in the shops so people started buying neat alcohol instead, thus pushing the prices up 4-fold. Luckily I don't need any more at present, but for those who still have some, use it sparingly because it now seems to be a highly valuable commodity. Like a second currency.

Yeah its quite ridiculous! Luckily I have enough stock of Methylated Spirits (IPA in Aus) to last a few weeks, especially since I am using glass cleaner as my main cleaner now with just IPA as a final wipe off.

I do know there was a formula going around where you could mix IPA with something else to make your own hand sanitiser, I think everyone then ran out the bought the shelves of IPA all up.. Probably the main cause, basically like the whole toilet paper thing haha.
I'm not surprised, this whole panic-buying thing is crazy and if people didn't panic buy we wouldn't have such a shortage of a lot of these items, at the very least it wouldn't be this bad.

I don't actually use Isopropyl on my printer, never have, at least not straight Isopropyl. I have these little Alcohol Prep Pads that I get for medical reasons, we have accumulated a ton of them over the years and I've just been using them on my Glass Bed, works great for me.

Hopefully prices for things like this will start to normalize again sometime soon.
(04-09-2020, 01:08 AM)AvCDVz75LRFwd Wrote: I'm not surprised, this whole panic-buying thing is crazy and if people didn't panic buy we wouldn't have such a shortage of a lot of these items, at the very least it wouldn't be this bad.

I don't actually use Isopropyl on my printer, never have, at least not straight Isopropyl. I have these little Alcohol Prep Pads that I get for medical reasons, we have accumulated a ton of them over the years and I've just been using them on my Glass Bed, works great for me.

Hopefully prices for things like this will start to normalize again sometime soon.

Things are starting to improve as time goes on... I found some toilet rolls yesterday, but the shop only had individual rolls and they were $1.60 per roll... Needless to say I only purchased 2 rolls.
I saw IPA automatically thought of the other fermented alcohol that comes in the hoppy variety.
[-] The following 1 user Likes voodoo614's post:
  • iFly4rotors
(04-18-2020, 07:46 AM)voodoo614 Wrote: I saw IPA automatically thought of the other fermented alcohol that comes in the hoppy variety.

And again that explains how you handle helping so many people with their quads on intoFPV lol.
Hi Snow and voodoo,
You can still get alcohol  Huh  I haven't been able to buy alcohol at any price.  Sad

:highfive: 
(08-13-2020, 10:25 PM)iFly4rotors Wrote: Hi Snow and voodoo,
You can still get alcohol  Huh  I haven't been able to buy alcohol at any price.  Sad

:highfive: 

I managed to find some at a local hardware store and bought 12 litres.
[-] The following 1 user Likes daveefordays's post:
  • iFly4rotors
I have been able to get 91% occasionally at Target. When I see bottles, I kind of horde them. Just enough for my needs plus a few extra.
[-] The following 1 user Likes voodoo614's post:
  • iFly4rotors
Your area must be on the priority list to get alcohol  Wink