Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microswiss Direct Drive and All-Metal Hotend
Hey guys,

Just a quick heads up on what's to come from my reviews:

1. I just received the Ender 5 Pro from Banggood. I should have the review of this guy out in the next week and I'm looking forward to another CoreXY printer.

2. This week I asked MicroSwiss for a review sample and they obliged!! I did have to pay shipping but I love working with new companies!
I'm getting this guy https://store.micro-swiss.com/products/m...e-extruder  So my quesion is: what do you want to learn about it and what do you want me to print with it?

Being an all-metal hotend it opens up the filament choices a bit... I'm thinking Nylon is a must, especially since i've had a roll sitting around for 2 years that's unopened... but what else do you want to see?

Cheers guys!
Dave
[-] The following 1 user Likes daveefordays's post:
  • bat
abs, carbon, polycarbonate :-) all the difficult stuff needs a lot heat :-)
(01-21-2021, 09:40 PM)bat Wrote: abs, carbon, polycarbonate :-) all the difficult stuff needs a lot heat :-)

oooh I didnt think of polycarbonate. ASA too??

My ender has been pumping out ABS for months at 240C with no problems lol...
  • bat
a buddy flew these inexpensive tanky realacc frames, he had a polycarbonate canopy for it. i guess it wasnt printed, i beleive it was very durable.
i would like to know how polycarbonate canopys are in comparison to nylon or tpu :-)
(01-21-2021, 11:32 PM)bat Wrote: a buddy flew these inexpensive tanky realacc frames, he had a polycarbonate canopy for it. i guess it wasnt printed, i beleive it was very durable.
i would like to know how polycarbonate canopys are in comparison to nylon or tpu :-)

I believe polycarbonate is one of the most popular materials for making durable props as well.
  • bat
yes, i believe all usable props about durability.
i never used carbon props, they might be nice about the weight but the stiffness seems a problem for durability.

printed pc props?

there are many examples of printed frames, but i beleive mostly pla, rare petg. i dont know an abs example, an example with pc would be nice :-)
(01-22-2021, 02:34 PM)bat Wrote: yes, i believe all usable props about durability.
i never used carbon props, they might be nice about the weight but the stiffness seems a problem for durability.

printed pc props?

there are many examples of printed frames, but i beleive mostly pla, rare petg. i dont know an abs example, an example with pc would be nice :-)

I run carbon props on my bigger filming stuff, on any small impact they snap off at the hub...

RCLifeON on youtube did printed props..
  • bat
hey dave
does it work well?
i heard about pctpe as a durable filament, did you ever tried that?
(03-03-2021, 03:45 PM)bat Wrote: hey dave
does it work well?
i heard about pctpe as a durable filament, did you ever tried that?
Hi Bat,  No I havent tried PCTPE.

I am still working with it at the moment, I've printed a few benchies out of nylon, then I tried a pulley for a mower drive I need to do for a client and it printed great for 45hrs until my fan duct melted off and crashed into the print... OOPS hahaha

The hotend and extruder setup is brilliant though. Just WORKS!
  • bat
45hrs Undecided even not finished, wow

i read pctpe is used for ducts and they told its "the best" about rigidity, i would like to know other opinions befor i tease my print buddy :-)