Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resin curing process
Hey all, first time post so let me know if I have done this wrong at all!

I was just wondering about the post processing of resin prints. I am guessing the easiest post-print process is to wash, remove from build plate, remove supports whilst soft, then cure? I have heard there is increased likelihood of damage to the resin if the supports have to be snipped off after they are cured.

Just trying to do a bit of learning before I get my 3r printer and wash/cure unit!

Thanks all!
(02-19-2021, 05:41 AM)ChrisH Wrote: Hey all, first time post so let me know if I have done this wrong at all!

I was just wondering about the post processing of resin prints. I am guessing the easiest post-print process is to wash, remove from build plate, remove supports whilst soft, then cure? I have heard there is increased likelihood of damage to the resin if the supports have to be snipped off after they are cured.

Just trying to do a bit of learning before I get my 3r printer and wash/cure unit!

Thanks all!

Okay, so what I do is:
  • Remove buildplate from printer
  • Use a paintscraper to scrap the print (and supports) off of the bed into the wash unit (with the basket in there).
  • Mix around the print a bit, or turn it on for a wash cycle. Depending on the print.
  • Remove from the wash unit and allow the washing agent to dry (doesnt take long for metho to gas off)
  • If there are areas that won't dry, this could suggest you still have uncured resin there and need further washing.
  • If the part appears fully dry, Cut off the supports using the sidecutters that come with most normal printers (or depending on the settings for your support tip balls you can break them off by tugging)
  • Then put on the curing plate and cure for 6 mins, then I will rotate so the top and bottom before now get the light and cure for a further 6 mins.
  • Print complete Big Grin
Thats the process I use, you will perfect your own over a period of time.
Whatever you do don't let parts of things like paper towel get in the wash unit container cause it will stick to your prints.....
At what point do you remove supports?
(02-24-2021, 09:46 PM)ChrisH Wrote: At what point do you remove supports?

Ohhhh I forgot! hahaha. I'll update the post Wink

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Creality LD-002R Resin Printer daveefordays 24 3,200 06-28-2020, 09:23 PM
Last Post: daveefordays
  Flexible Resin voodoo614 5 804 04-24-2020, 11:25 PM
Last Post: daveefordays