Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TOP / MID / LOW QUALITY USABLE BRANDS
Hello into3dp, I am fairly new with 3d printing.  I have an Ender3 I bought used on eBay and just wanting to print my own drone parts....

My questions are as follow:

What brands of filaments are you using?

Which level of quality are you classifying it?

So far I have used the following:

PLA—->
PRILINE PLA — top/mid quality
SUNLU PLA — mid/low quality;  seems to print ok, but its not as smooth finish as [priline pla];  still learning how to have a better finish w/this PLA.

TPU—->
TRONXY TPU 95A — having issues, but seems like its user error
I like Priline filament too. 3D Solutech is another brand I like.
(05-02-2021, 02:43 AM)luispequeno Wrote: Hello into3dp, I am fairly new with 3d printing.  I have an Ender3 I bought used on eBay and just wanting to print my own drone parts....

My questions are as follow:

What brands of filaments are you using?

Which level of quality are you classifying it?

So far I have used the following:

PLA—->
PRILINE PLA — top/mid quality
SUNLU PLA — mid/low quality;  seems to print ok, but its not as smooth finish as [priline pla];  still learning how to have a better finish w/this PLA.

TPU—->
TRONXY TPU 95A — having issues, but seems like its user error

Welcome, I hope we can help you!

I use Sainsmart for TPU (dont use anything else, this stuff is the best)

I generally use Esun for PLA, it's decent and is available to me. Availability is a big factor in filly brand choice.

I have used Sunlu, some of it has been the best filament i've used and some of it has sucked, consistency seems to be down with them.

I have also used the hobbyking in house brand of PLA, it has actually been quite good, and is super cheap when on special. Not quite as good as the Esun though.

I'd recommend you bail on the Tronxy TPU for now..
For PLA I've been exclusively using SUNLU PLA+ and I find it to produce really good prints. I've never tried SUNLU's normal PLA so I don't know how that compares.

For TPU I use SainSmart and FrontierFila both of which seem to print well on my 3D printer. I'm convinced that the FrontierFila is just rebranded SainSmart filament because the spool looks identical, the look and feel of the filament seems to be the same, and the prints come out the same when using the same profile. It's about 15-20% cheaper than SainSmart but I can only get it in transparent red, transparent blue, and white while I can get the SainSmart in virtually any colour I want.

I also have a spool of SUNLU PETG which seems to print well enough but I don't really print too much with that.

I've never tried any of the exotic filament types because some of them require an enclosure but I don't really have space for one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SnowLeopardFPV's post:
  • daveefordays
(05-12-2021, 12:57 PM)SnowLeopardFPV Wrote: For PLA I've been exclusively using SUNLU PLA+ and I find it to produce really good prints. I've never tried SUNLU's normal PLA so I don't know how that compares.

For TPU I use SainSmart and FrontierFila both of which seem to print well on my 3D printer. I'm convinced that the FrontierFila is just rebranded SainSmart filament because the spool looks identical, the look and feel of the filament seems to be the same, and the prints come out the same when using the same profile. It's about 15-20% cheaper than SainSmart but I can only get it in transparent red, transparent blue, and white while I can get the SainSmart in virtually any colour I want.

I also have a spool of SUNLU PETG which seems to print well enough but I don't really print too much with that.

I've never tried any of the exotic filament types because some of them require an enclosure but I don't really have space for one.

The good Sunlu I had was REALLY good, like I have this 3 year old roll of transparent stuff and it's my absolute favourite.

The SainSmart TPU I get is actually "PhaserFPV" TPU, but I have confirmed with them it's just rebranded, and I actually got in contact with SainSmart when I was looking at supplying filament locally and they said I would have to rebrand it to sell it so your stuff is probably rebranded!

I print nylon, ASA and ABS without an enclosure! I just heat the room to 43C with an oil heater.... Kind of expensive though so I try and do multiple prints at once when I have the heater on.